Coda File System

Problems with tar archives

From: Matthias Teege <matthias_at_mteege.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:52:43 +0200
Moin,

I hope this isn't an FAQ but I have an problem with tar archives
on coda filesystems. I made an archiv via tar -czf
/coda/archiv.tar.gz /dir and if I try to do tar -xzf
/coda/archiv.tar.gz I get an tar: can't open archive
archiv.tar.gz: No space left on device, tar: child returned
status 3.

If I try to copy the archive from the coda to another place I get
also "No space left on device ...". A simple cp of the files
without an tar works without any problem.

The volume is an replicated one. I'm using the latest Coda
versions under FreeBSD.

Are there known problems with tar?

Bis dann
Matthias