Coda File System

Re: socket 3: invalid argument

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:15:02 -0400
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 03:47:39AM +0200, David Santo Orcero wrote:
>  Hello, Coda hackers!
>
>  I was a happy coda administrator till my last distribution upgrade. Then
> I repeated exactly the "cook recipe" to configure the server, and it did
> not work.

Was that a Coda upgrade, or a Mandrake update?

> [root_at_server3 irbis]# createvol_rep raiz E0000100
> Servers are (server3 )
> V_BindToServer: binding to host server3
> socket 3: Invalid argument
> socket 3: Invalid argument
> socket 3: Invalid argument
> socket 3: Invalid argument
> RPC2_NewBinding to server server3 failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
> cat: /tmp/vollist.1585: Can't find file or directory
> Found no partitions for server server3.

I don't know why we get EINVAL here, could you run 'strace volutil
getvolumeinfo' and see which system call is failing? I'm guessing it
would be either sendto or recvfrom. Also 'socket 3', are we perhaps
writing to stderr as if it were the rpc2 socket? The strace output
should clear up a lot.

It almost looks like something goes wrong with librpc2 considering the
rpc2portmap/updateclnt/updatesrv problems as well as the volutil/codasrv
one.