Coda File System

coda just for synchronising two servers

From: Christian Hammers <ch_at_westend.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:05:59 +0100
Hello

Most examples in the documentation deal with many servers and many clients.
The setup I need is just a mean to sync one directory between two servers.

This syncronisation should be at the best at kernel level i.e. a write()
call should only return with success if the data reached the local harddisc
(or at least fs cache) and the remote one so that I can make load balancing
between two web servers without having users to tell that they better
should not create temporary files because the filesystem syncs only every
minute per rsync or similar...

Praktically that would mean that a coda clients and a coda servers can be on
the same machine.

thanks,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch_at_westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879