Coda File System

Re: coda funding

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 13 Nov 2001 10:50:49 +0100
Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy_at_Malcolm.wattle.id.au> writes:
[...]
> > >    option: [ ] overwrite server [ ] overwrite client [ ] keep both".
> > Wow, since when does Win2K have reintegration conflicts??
> You know, Win2K allows transparent disconnected operation where you can

When i read about this W2K feature first time
I had the impression that they'd borrowed heavily
ideas from coda. Luckiliy (this time) coda is so old that probably
any patent claims can be easily turned down due to prior art.

Yet, for Joe User some graphical front end would be great,
since not everybody get accustmed to the clog ; cfs lv .
sequence and might run into confilcts because which are
not neccessary in first place.

I hope the approach mentioned on the list recently
is a first step in that direction.

Yours,
Steffen