Coda File System

Re: Repair problem

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:36:03 -0500
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 10:24:38AM +0100, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> I was able to find them, but ownership looks strange,
> for a start...
>
> 	repair > beginrepair
> 	Pathname of object in conflict? []: Uebungen
> 	repair > setmixedview

Word of caution, don't play with the 'views' that stuff is broken beyond
belief. Just stick with whatever the default is (which actually is
mixedview).

> But I get EINVAL doing a ls on the directory,
> and hence can't repair things anymore (Object not in conflict)
> and doing a purgeml just crashed venus.

With a 2.4.15 or later kernel, this could be the Direct IO patches that
were merged and are breaking coda_venus_readdir, badly. See the
experimental patch I just sent to codalist.

With older kernels it could be that some process (or shell) still has a
reference to the expanded directory and is blocking the kernel from
refreshing/ reloading the updated directory contents. Just check if
there is any shell that has that Uebingen directory as it's current
working directory, or whether there are backgrounded/hanging processes.

'lsof | grep /coda' typically works pretty well to find these.