Coda File System

Coda for Apache Web server in 2.4 kernel. Anyone?

From: Xuefeng <chenxuefeng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:35:59 +0800
Hi, there,

I am trying to deploy Coda as the storage for a Apache web server in Linux
Redhat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.12. During my web performance test using WebBench
4.1 software with 2 Win2K clients flooding the HTTP requests to the web
server. WebBench reports some errors of "404 Object not found". There is no
error if there is only one Win2K client making requests or I use the normal
hard disk partition as the storage. This made me wonder how robust Coda can
be in such a scenario. Is there a hard limit on the number of simultaneous
accesses to the same file under Coda FS? The Apapche web server log file
complained a "No such file or directory" error and denied the file accesses.
I have also traced the log file at "/usr/coda/etc/venus.log" with a higher
debug level and found that the file that caused the error in WebBench has
been be accessed 127 times with "fsobj::Open" and "fsobj::Release" etc. I
don't know yet whether this "127" is just a number by coincident or it is a
magic number in Coda implementation. Can you tell me the possible causes of
this problem and how to solve it for the time being?

BTW, the Coda versions I have tried with Linux kernel 2.4.12 include 5.3.17,
5.3.15 and 5.3.13. A combination of kernel 2.2.18 and Coda 5.3.13 give no
such problem. Anything related to the kernel 2.4 upgrade?

Thanks a lot!

XF