Coda File System

Re: Coda and Ext3

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:03:21 +0100 (MET)
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Vaughan Clarkson wrote:

> it be registered properly as a bug?  Is there yet a solution?  (I don't
> seem to be able to take Sujal's option of uninstalling a patch ---
> unless I uninstall RH 7.2!)

[Disclaimer - I never did the following]

You don't have to uninstall RH, you just have to change your kernel.
ext3 filesystem on disk is still as well an ext2 filesystem, except for
some additional data ignored by ext2. You can switch between them by
changing the kernel driver. ext3 to ext2 move would not need any
on-disk changes.
(fcsk between such switches is mandatory, I think)

Good luck,
--
Ivan