Coda File System

Re: volume chimes has unrepaired local subtree(s)

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:19:50 +0100 (MET)
On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Tom Carroll wrote:

> Upon a beginrepair, the following is stated
>
> Could not allocate new repvol: Object not in conflict
> beginrepair failed
>
> Any ideas how to resolve the conflict?

I have got a similar effect by:

1. setting tight quota on a volume
2. updating a file (becomes a conflict, file inaccessible)
3. beginrepair, preservelocal (well I ignore the quota restriction here
   once more...), endrepair, commit -> hangs forever
   intterrupt causes Segmentation violation death
4. Files becomes visible again but not modifiable or sometimes
   stays a danglink link or (broken?) dir - do not recall exactly.
5. repair is impossible as "Object not in conflict" ...

Is there any general way to solve "not existing" conflicts?
I could not get rid of such objects without sacrificing the whole
client cache.

(sure relaxing quota instead of 'repair' would cure the initial problem,
but not after a 'commit' begins)

Tom, I suppose if you'd delete and recreate the broken replica, it would
be resolved and repopulated with data. Never tried it myself.

Regards,
--
Ivan