Coda File System

creating rep_volumes without success, followup

From: Mohamed Alwakeel <mohamed.alwakeel_at_365corp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:35:19 -0000
Oh some more info on my earlier problem about creating rep_volumes:-
When running vice-setup this happened:-

Setting up the file list for update client
Filelist for update ready.
/etc/services already has new services registered! Good.
/etc/services ready for Coda
Configuration file template '/usr/local/etc/coda/server.conf.ex' not found
Configuration file template '/usr/local/etc/coda/server.conf.ex' not found
Now installing files specific to the SCM...

Even though /usr/local/etc/coda/server.conf.ex exists and has right
permissions as shown here:-

[root_at_mezzo1 coda]# ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar  5 15:03 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Mar  5 15:03 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2457 Jan 12  2001 server.conf.ex
[root_at_mezzo1 coda]# pwd
/usr/local/etc/coda

Also just after vice-setup I did the default root volume setup and this
happened:-

createvol_rep codaroot1 E0000100 /vicepa
/usr/local/sbin/createvol_rep: ELF: command not found
Getting initial version of /vice/vol/BigVolumeList.
V_BindToServer: binding to host mezzo1
RPC2_NewBinding to server mezzo1 failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
awk: cmd. line:2: fatal: cannot open file `/vice/vol/BigVolumeList' for
reading (No such file or directory)
awk: cmd. line:2: fatal: cannot open file `/vice/vol/BigVolumeList' for
reading (No such file or directory)
V_BindToServer: binding to host mezzo1

even though I think BigVolumeList had already existed by that time.

Thanks

Mohamed Alwakeel