Coda File System

HTTP-server replication

From: Jani Puttonen <janput_at_cc.jyu.fi>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:36:03 +0300 (EEST)
Hi.

My objective is to build a server replication on
two computers.
So I have for example a http-server, where I have
some web pages. I would like to duplicate that
server so that, if another server crashes, the other
one takes over the http-tasks. So this is kind of
back-up server solution.

So I have apache installed on both machines. And
heartbeat software running. That way is the taking
over part solved.

So the actual question is...is it possible with
coda distributed file system to build a system,
where both servers have the same files? So that
both http-servers have that directory that is
holding those files as DocumentRoot.

Has someone tried this kind of system with coda
before?
Or is there some better or easier way to do this?

This "solution" came to mind. I have
one coda server and two clients. The clients
work as http-servers, apache is running on both
and the /coda/*** directory is the DocumentRoot.
I mount the same volumes to both clients.
The bad thing about this is that I should have
three computers...and that is waste of resources.

Any ideas?

I'll be happy to explain a little bit more
accurate, if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Jani Puttonen

--