Coda File System

Re: Extreme slow performance

From: <srickaue_at_mail.eds.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:12:12 +0200
>> All machines are conntected with 100Mbit links. Each of the machine has
>> ~30GB disk space. We set up a replicated volume called "wwwroot" over
all
>> three machines. Log and data partitions are raw devices: log is 30M and
>> data 1G.

>That is quite big. Our server handles 16G
>and has rvm_data_length=330.301.440 at 640MB Physical Memory.
>IIRC the RVM is memory mapped, so you're mmap()ing 1G.
>How much physical memory do you have ?

Ok, I wasn't aware of that issue. The machines did nothing else than
swapping.
I reconfigured all three machines to use a data partition of 130M (log is
still 30M). But, it is still very slow.

When I move a 2.5MB file to my replicated volume this needs 1,37 minutes.
Swap isn't touched any longer, but I found out that during the file
movement, Coda writes only about 30 to 50 KB/sec to memory - not more.

Any ideas on that?

Stephan A. Rickauer

EDS Information Business GmbH
Web Applications Infrastructure