Coda File System

Re: My source tree

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:58:33 -0400
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:21:07AM -0700, John David Duncan wrote:
> under /vice.  I installed venus on the same machine with a 20MB cache.
>
> My problems came when I tried to check-in the source repository.  This is
> an intensive operation (not unlike untarring a large archive), where PRCS
> creates about 5000 directories and RCS files, totaling about 30MB.  The

During the checkin the client went disconnected (probably because the
server was slow in responding to requests) and ran out of local cache
space.

> rcs: /coda/prcs/PRCSroot/www/f/46_star_readi,v: No space left on device
> 20:56:31 Reintegrate: prcs.data, 100/518 records, result = SUCCESS

You could fix this in two ways. Either try to avoid disconnections, 'cfs
wr && cfs strong'. Or set up the client with a larger local cache,
something like 100MB, so that even when it goes disconnected it will not
run out of space during the check-in.