Coda File System

Performance. . .

From: Matthew Excell <matt_at_possibilityforge.com>
Date: 03 Jul 2002 09:51:34 -0600
Well, I have coda working: 2 replicated servers, 7 clients - all looking
happy . . . Looks great - I tried coda a few years ago and abandoned it
since I couldn'te ever really get it to work at all. . . Progress is a
wonderful thing.

One of those 7 clients puts a small PostgreSQL database in the coda tree
- Only one client will ever access it at a time, but it needs to be in
coda since the machine that accesses it may change.  Creating a database
- something that takes on the order of 500ms without coda - takes 2-3
minutes.  Creating a table takes the same kind of time.

Question:  will write-disconnected operation help? Is it safe? What else
can I tweak to fix this?  The setup is just an out-of-the-box install .
. .

Thanks in advance

--
Matthew Excell
Senior Consultant - The Possibility Forge, Inc.