Coda File System

Re: updatesrv not starting

From: Timothy Murphy <tim_at_birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:09:58 +0100
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:03:41PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:

> Summary, the RPMs on the Coda ftp were build on RedHat 5.1 machines
> which uses an older version of libc and ncurses for which all newer
> releases have special backward compatibility libraries (compat-libc?).

Am I alone in finding this very bizarre --
that people running something as "leading edge" as coda
are also running extraordinarily ancient versions of RedHat.
I got the coda RPMs, but decided it was just not worth the trouble
to try to deal with all the version incompatibilities.
I wonder if anyone in the world has actually installed these RPMs?

I got the coda source and compiled it without problem,
though I haven't dared to run it yet!
Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to create contemporary RPMs?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim_at_birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie