Coda File System

Re: Status of Coda under Linux.

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:22:42 +0930
On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 05:45:56PM +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:

> One problem still bothers me, on massive reintegrations clients tend to
> be catched in a situation when venus dies because of failed assertion and
> the only way to revive the client is to reninitialize the cache,
> thus possibly losing data (I think it was at most once that I lost some
> data :)

Any time I have problems with reintegration or venus I immediately
grab a copy of the latest tar file (or just grab both tar files) in
/usr/coda/spool/<user_id>/ which has a copy of all your modified files
as of, at most, 10 minutes ago.  Doing this has saved my work a couple
of times when I have had problems with venus.

--
Brett Lymn