Coda File System

Re: Venus won't restart

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:45:24 -0400

    Gary> I've seen a number of messages about this, but none seem to
    Gary> match my situation.  Somehow, my local system became
    Gary> inconsistent and when I try to restart Venus, it hangs:

I don't know how this happens, but I've seen it (quite frequently when
doing heavy operations like updating from a remote CVS server).  Both
this and your other message are fixed for me by simply shutting down
venus (for the repair "not in conflict" case), then restarting with
venus -init.  For the imaginary conflict, often there is some cruft (a
directory entry) left behind that needs removed by hand.

AFAIK the "out of directory entries" case is completely different, though.