Coda File System

Re: coda: configure file broken

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:57:38 +0100 (MET)
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Marcel Pol wrote:

> Hello,
> I tried to get coda from today's cvs built, but it wouldn't build a functional
> configure file.
> I'm not sure what happened, but part of the configure file is missing.
> I don't have the expertise to fix it myself, so I hope I can give enough
> information.

Thanks Marcel,

your reports help to locate the problems.

Unfortunately I don't think this issue (broken auto* setups) can have a
remarkable priority, as cvs data implies no consitency guarantee,
and the developers are very busy with Coda itself. The only way to make a
progress here would be if you or someone else volunteers to support the
scripts. I (an interested user like yourself) have no such possibility.

Surely at the public release time there will be working configure scripts.
For the time being try to use workarounds - it looks like you manage to
compile anyway, by trial and error.

> It's meant to be like this, or is it a bug?

Cvs is meant for adventurous souls, so we are mostly on our own :)

Regards,
--
Ivan