Coda File System

Re: coda client a7 on XP (services won't start)

From: Adrian Tritschler <Adrian.Tritschler_at_its.monash.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:32:44 -0500
Phil Nelson wrote:
> Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response.

>   This problem sounds like a standard problem I have had.  I
> thought I fixed it in the a7 distribution.  (and a7 is the
> most recent.)
>
>    For venus to run, it must have the cygwin.dll loaded.  A quick
> fix is to copy the cygwin.dll (in a cygwin shell) from /usr/bin
> to /usr/local/sbin where venus is located.  If that doesn't do
> the job, let me know.

With the current version of cygwin the dll is "cygwin1.dll".  I've copied it
from /usr/bin to /home/coda and now the venus service appears to start.

Now on to explore some more...

$ cfs cpuname
Cannot read configuration file '/usr/local/etc/coda/venus.conf', will use
default values.
i386

There seem to be some very odd permissions on /usr/local/etc/coda/venus.conf

$ ls -l /usr/local/etc/coda/venus.conf
----r-x---    1 ajft     None  6316 Oct 31 11:59 venus.conf*

>    (Sometimes, installing coda a 2nd time gets things set correctly.)
>
> --Phil

	Adrian

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler_at_its.monash.edu.au