Coda File System

Re: Fwd: Default password or other problem on first login after initial setup

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:41:01 -0500

    Jan> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 07:16:37PM +0700, hidayat wrote:

    >> clog
    >> username: matt
    >> Password:
    >> Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

    >> I am trying the default password "changeme". "matt" is the user
    >> name I gave during vice-setup. I'm using Debian unstable.

    Jan> Not sure what's going on here, the auth2 daemon on the server is
    Jan> running,

Of course if he's using Debian, there's a chance that he's been hosed
by the "you can't use Berkeley db 1.85 even if you really want to"
policy.  This is the error you get when you install a new Coda server
compiled against the libdbX, X > 1 compatibility API to upgrade an
existing installation that used a real db 1.85 to create the database.

Seems unlikely in a new installation, I admit, where presumably all
the tools are compiled against the same version of libdb.