Coda File System

Re: Some coda preconfiguration questions

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:31:31 +0100 (MET)
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 matthewh_at_thepcmd.info wrote:

> I read that it was recommended not to make a server larger than 3.3GB. I
> want to create a server that is around 60-65GB worth of data. Has anyone
> made larger partitions? Any performance penalties? Any recommendations?

Hello Matt,

this issue has been discussed on the list, look in the archives.

The largest servers tested are about 20-30G file data with 1G RVM.
You cannot have more than about 1.5G RVM on 32-bits architecture,
so the storage per server process (you can run many, but they have to use
separate RVMs) is limited to about 30G, more if your average files are big
(it is the number of files - their corresponding metadata - that exhausts
RVM)

Regards,
--
Ivan