Coda File System

Re: New Coda release 5.3.20

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:24:43 -0500
On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 06:45:08AM +0100, Tobias Crefeld wrote:
> I'm trying to build some rpms for SuSE 8.0. Meanwhile I have got some
> for lwp, rvm and rpc2 but I can't find a tarball under
> ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/src/

I forgot to add some links, normally lwp, rvm and rpc2 are under
/pub/{lwp,rvm,rpc2} but I typically add links to the latest versions in
the /pub/coda/ tree.

> with some redhat-directories. It stops with this output:
>
> --------8<-------snip--------8<-------
> Processing files: coda-debug-client-5.3.20-1
> File not found:
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/coda-build/etc/rc.d/init.d/venus.init PreReq:
> /bin/sh Processing files: coda-debug-server-5.3.20-1

Hmm, this was a problem that we found and fixed right before the
release. I just checked the md5sum's and the 5.3.20-1.src.rpm file is
identical to the one we used during the build.

(the /etc/init.d symlink confused the configure test and it would
install the init files in /etc/init.d)

> It seems that the rebuild of the srpm mixes the BUILD between
> /usr/src/redhat and /usr/src/packages. A tarball might helpful. TNX in
> advance!

All up-to-date tarballs are linked into /pub/coda/src/ now.