Coda File System

Re: NetBSD 1.6 hanging on venus startup

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:56:43 -0500
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:04:13AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I can't explain why, but it strikes me that having to fork for the
> mount call is at least somewhat bletcherous.  Other processes blocking

Now if venus was just handling upcalls coming in on /dev/cfs0, and mount
was the normal mount(8) command called as a result of an /etc/fstab
entry, would you see it as bletcherous?

Just view at the process handling the mount operation as something
different than venus handling the upcalls. The only reason venus
triggers the mount operation is because it is the only process that
knows when it is listening and ready for upcalls.