Coda File System

Kerberos5 auth is causing clog to segfault

From: Mark Phalan <loop_at_netsoc.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:27:48 +0000
(sorry if you get this twice - I sent it from the wrong address the first time)

Hi,

I've been trying to get coda to work with kerberos. I've got the kerberos daemons up and running (and working too - kftp works). I've registered the principal name host/myhostname_at_MY.REALM and added it to the keytab file. I've built in kerberos5 support (--with-crypto as in previous post), and the various programs are linking against the correct libs etc.
The problem arises when I use clog -kerberos5 - it segfaults.
I had a look in the source code to see what is happening and I discovered that during the HashSecret() function in getsecret.cc (coda-src/util/) a memcpy is trying to write into a NULL address. The variable it tries to write into is passed to HashSecret() through a number of functions originating from  U_Authenticate() in auser.c where it is declared as a char* and assigned NULL (line 125). As far as I can see nowhere is memory allocated for the variable nor is it assigned any value and hence it causes the segfault in memcpy().
I can't see how kerberos5 support is working at all (and its not for me). Am I missing something important?

Mark