Coda File System

Coda Server Access Optimizations

From: Brian White <bcwhite_at_precidia.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:15:54 -0500
What does CODA do in a situation like this:

two sites: X and Y
five servers: A, B and C located at site X;  D and E located at site Y

All the client/servers at site X (servers A, B, and C) can communicate over
fast ethernet, as can the client/servers at site Y (servers D and E) but
there is only a slow link between the two sites.

When a client on site Y changes a file, does it try to

a) push that change to all five servers
b) push that change to both local servers (D and E) and let them deal with
   propogating to the other site
c) push that change to the closest server and let it deal with propogating
   it to all the other servers
d) none of the above :-)

Thanks!

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite_at_precidia.com )

          I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.