Coda File System

Re: CODA 5.3.20 compilation under FreeBSD 5 (stat structure problem)

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 10:37:56 -0500
  How many people would get terribly annoyed if the Coda client and server
  processes don't do their own logrotation and we simply reopen the
  logfiles whenever we receive a SIGHUP like all normal daemon processes.
  That way we can leave it up to an external process (like logrotate) to
  safely rotate the logs and we can drop the use of scandir.

I'm already annoyed because they don't use syslog!  There is no good
reason not to, other than catering to lame systems.  But in that case,
it can be a './configure --with-logfiles' to get the old (simplified)
behavior.

Using syslog and logrotate or newsyslog seems far preferable on a Unix
system.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>