Coda File System

Re: Coda server on Debian

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:02:18 +0100
> First thing to check is if we actually have a name for the rootvolume.
> That is the first thing the client asks for.
> - There should be in a file named /vice/db/ROOTVOLUME and it should just
>   contain a single line of text, the name of the rootvolume.

Check. (coda:root, as expected)

> If a name is there, a client will perform a 'volume replication' lookup,
> trying to discover which servers have replicas for this volumes.
> - Is an entry for you rootvolume in /vice/db/VRList.

Check:

coda:root 7f000000 1 1000001 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 E0000100

> - Is the mtime of /vice/db/VRDB more recent than /vice/db/VRList.

Check:

equinox:/vice/db# ls -lt VRDB VRList
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           96 Mar 23 17:05 VRDB
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           52 Mar 23 17:05 VRList

> Once a client has the names of the volume replicas it will perform
> lookups for volume location.
> - Does 'volutil -h servername getvolumelist' contain the volume name
>   (with a '.0' or '.1' extension)

Check, with .0.

V_BindToServer: binding to host equinox.infidyne.com
P/vicepa Hequinox T22e5df8 F182f4c
Wcoda:root.0 I1000001 H1 P/vicepa m0 M0 U2 W1000001 C3e7ddb42 D3e7ddb42
B0 A0
GetVolumeList finished successfully

It doesn't seem to honor the changes I made manually though (equinox
rather than equinox.infidyne.com).

> There should also be a little testprogram at /usr/bin/getvolinfo. This
> can be used to do various kinds of volume lookups on various servers.
>
>     'getvolinfo <servername> <rootvolname>'
>     'getvolinfo <servername> <rootvolname>.0'
>     'getvolinfo <servername> <root volumeid>'
>     'getvolinfo <servername> <replica volumeid>'

This all seems to work. Both from the server in question, and from one
of the clients that can't connect with the Coda client (the NetBSD box).

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org