Coda File System

Re: Simple Coda q.

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:12:10 +0100 (MET)
Hello Sandeep,

> Upon network partition healing, do replicated volumes automatically
> synchronize all their objects, or are objects synchronized upon next
> reference? So if f is replicated and I modify f in one volume because

the replication is "lazy", so that you have to run at least a stat() on a
object to get all (available at the moment) replicas to synchronize.

> its replica is partitioned, will f be automatically updated to the
> other partition when the network heals or will it be updated upon next
> use of f (assuming the network is not partitioned at that time).

Upon the next use.

ls -alR on a filetree is sufficient for synchronization (assuming there
are no conflicts, connectivity is ok and the servers are doing well).

Regards,
--
Ivan