Coda File System

Re: Simple problem... I think

From: Samir Patel <samir_at_eden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Jan Harkes wrote:

> 'cfs purgeml' will throw away all logged updates that are still waiting
> for reintegration. Once the logged updates are gone the conflict should
> be gone as well and the volume can become 'Connected' again.

Whenever I run 'cfs purgeml', Coda either crashes, or returns an
error.  Also, I've encountered situations where Coda claims there's an
inconsistency in on a volume, but I can't for the life of me find it.
Even if the path of the conflict is spelled out through the log file,
the conflict just doesn't make any sense.  Most of the time this
results from me running Mozilla with cache files stored on a Coda
volume.  The volume has been set 'cfs wd -age 15' so that Mozilla
performance doesn't get effected.  Looking at the log files, the first
few re-integrations seem to go fine, but something usually goes wry,
and the only way I can seem to recover is by shutting down Coda and
re-running venus-setup.  I can never seem to reintegrate successfully,
most tries either hang, seg. fault or crash Coda.  The clients are
running Linux with ext3 partitions (if that might be the culprit) and
the 2.4.18-3 kernel.

My Coda client and related libraries were all compiled from scratch
using the latest tarballs provided.

Any suggestions?

Samir