Coda File System

Re: Simple problem... I think

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:36:16 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Samir Patel wrote:

> re-running venus-setup.  I can never seem to reintegrate successfully,
> most tries either hang, seg. fault or crash Coda.  The clients are
> running Linux with ext3 partitions (if that might be the culprit) and
> the 2.4.18-3 kernel.
>
> My Coda client and related libraries were all compiled from scratch
> using the latest tarballs provided.

Hello Samir,

it doesn't look right, but it is hard to guess the real reason for the
disasters.

I think Jan merged all the important fixes into the released version.

Anyway, my "last resort" suggestion - you may want to try cvs sources, but
it means also switching to "cells-realms" aware Coda (imho the earlier the
better). You will want also kernel 2.4.20 (that you will patch, as the
included coda module is not realm-aware).

Hope it helps,
--
Ivan