Coda File System

Re: Newbie problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:22:55 -0400
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:06:12PM -0400, Matt `os' Williams wrote:
> Opening up coda-5.3.20/coda-srv/vice/srv.cc ...
> Line 333: char sname[20];
>
> BUT... the string is only 16 bytes including \0!!! Is my glibc problematic
> with Coda or some such?

libsafe doesn't know about LWP threads. We actually switch the stack
address when we switch to another threads. Same problem with valgrind.
With some hassle it is possible to link everything against liblwp_pt,
which is basically lwp wrapped around pthreads. But there are some
concurrency problems that shouldn't exist but do pop up.