Coda File System

Re: coda does not replicate

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:51:03 -0400
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 03:12:08PM +0200, Markus Markert wrote:
> my coda works for a few days really fine. now i have did the following
> and the replication does not work now.
>
> i stopped all of the coda processes (non-scm and then scm).
> then i did a ln -s into the coda directory (ln -s /coda/WWW /info/WWW)
> started coda and tested it with a new file create. no way. the file is
> created on the machine where i have created the file. but it is not on
> the other server. the logfiles says nothing (UpdateClntlog
> UpdateSrvlog) on both.

UpdateClntLog UpdateSrvLog don't say anything about the Coda client.

> 14:30:08 VAllocFid: volume disk uniquifier being extended
> 14:30:08 COP1Update: VSG not found!
>
> whats wrong here?

VSG not found is not normal. It means that the client is sending
operations to a group of servers but the servers don't know that they
are in the group (or that the group exists).

Did you recently change things in /vice/db/servers, or /vice/db/VSGDB?