Coda File System

Re: how many directories in coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:44:02 -0400
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:59:29AM +0200, Markus Markert wrote:
> is that right that coda can only replicate in a volume one directory?
>
> because my installlogfile says me this:
>
> RVM setup is done!
>
> 	Your server directories will hold the files (not directories).
> 	You can currently only have one directory per disk partition.

No, you're right that that description is a bit confusing. Maybe this
would be better?

    The container file directories on the server will hold the data for
    files stored in Coda. Directory contents as well as metadata will be
    stored in the RVM segment that we already configured earlier.

    You should only have one such container file directory on a disk
    partition, otherwise the server will have an incorrect estimates
    about the actual amount of exportable disk space.