Coda File System

Re: how many directories in coda

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:57:16 +0900

    Jan> No, you're right that that description is a bit
    Jan> confusing. Maybe this would be better?

I think the problem is that the plural in paragraph one refers to
subdirectories and the singular in paragraph two refers to the
top-level directory.

I suggest

    The container file and its subdirectories on the server will hold
    the data for files stored in Coda. Directory contents as well as
    metadata will be stored in the RVM segment that we already
    configured earlier.

    You should only have one such container file hierarchy on a disk
    partition, otherwise the server will generate incorrect estimates
    about the actual amount of exportable disk space.

with an additional pedantic and gratuitous grammatical change in
paragraph 2.  :-)