Coda File System

Considering CODA

From: Doug Eubanks <doug_at_simflex.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:54:26 -0400
Hi everyone!  I am considering CODA, but have a question or two about it.

I need a shared storage solution for a RedHat Advanced Server cluster that I
would like to build.  The server will perform clustering of several
services....including web, DNS, and the biggy...mail (using sendmail and
procmail and qpopper).  I do not want to use NFS for the obvious reasons
including the lack of file locking.  Is CODA suitable for sharing
filesystems that have a lot of constant read/writes from different clients
(such as a mail spool)?  What would the performance hit on the servers and
clients be?  Can you have two or more CODA servers maintaining a complete
copy of the filesystem?

If this is just a bad idea in general, please do not hesitate to tell me so.

Thanks,
Doug Eubanks
doug_at_simflex.com

But what if I'm a figment of my OWN imagination?