Coda File System

Re: Gnucash lock problem on CODA

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:56:12 +0200 (MEST)
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Anocha Yimsiriwattana wrote:

> > > ----------    2 yano     yano            0 Jun 23 00:48 account.LCK

> > are you sure some previous run of GnuCash
> > didn't crash?

> Since Coda does not have any support for file locking, the problem is
> understandable.  It is not really big problem because I still be able to use
> GnuCash on Coda.  Just ignore the message.

> >     http://www.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/backup1.html

If I interpret the documentation right, the locking GnuCash uses is
file creation in exclusive mode.

Though such operaton is not guaranteed to be exclusive on Coda,
normally it will not fail, so GnuCash should be happy (and clean the
"lock files" afterwards).
Looking at the source or strace results would possibly give the answer,
why you seem to observe that problem on Coda but not otherwise.

My 2c,
--
Ivan