Coda File System

Re: repair hangs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:07:43 +0900

    Mark> However, I can not get any of the local modifications to be
    Mark> reintegrated into the global tree.

That sounds odd.

    Mark> I am using the .debs from your website which gives me

    Mark> Coda Venus, version 5.3.20

I've found the more recent code (with realms in it) to be far more
robust than the 5.3.20 release.  Even though I haven't upgraded to
6.0.x yet.  There have been a number of resolution-related fixes,
which result in many fewer conflicts (in my so far limited
experience).

What version of the kernel are you using?  I'm pretty sure that
upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4 has been part of the improvement; although
the kernel code doesn't change that much, there have been some
improvements there, too.

    Mark> If I do some work with the laptop off the network, when the
    Mark> network is reconnected, there are conflicts as I would
    Mark> expect.

But there shouldn't be, unless you (or someone) is working on the same
files elsewhere while you're disconnected.  Is that the case?