Coda File System

Re: 6.0.1: Can't authenticate (Was Re: repair hangs)

From: Bartlomiej Balcerek <bartol_at_pwr.wroc.pl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:03:24 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jan Harkes wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 02:55:07AM -0400, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > Jan Harkes writes:
> >  > bitten by this. This got fixed somewhere between coda-5.3.20 and
> >  > coda-6.0.0.
> > But I can't get any tokens. I know this is a FAQ, but I have done all
> > that is in there.
> >
> > The Coda Admin user has been setup by the setup script. But clog
> > gives:
> >
> > mark_at_titan:~% clog codaroot
> > username: codaroot_at_titan.home.hindley.uklinux.net
> > Password:
> > Failed to find codasrv or codaauth2 servers for titan.home.hindley.uklinux.net
> > Invalid login (RPC2_FAIL (F)).
>
> It hasn't even tried to really connect to anything, because it
> was unable to resolve the name titan.home... to an ip-address.
>
> Does 'host titan.home.hindley.uklinux.net' work?
>
> Jan

I have similar problem with sure, that name resolving is configured
properly:

baca_at_wegiel:~$ clog baca
username: baca_at_wegiel
Password:
Failed to find codasrv or codaauth2 servers for wegiel
Invalid login (RPC2_FAIL (F)).

baca_at_wegiel:~$ host wegiel
wegiel.uklad.wcss.wroc.pl       A       10.17.1.6

baca_at_wegiel:~$ cat /etc/coda/realms
wegiel

cpasswd or au (not) work in similar way.

regards

Bartlomiej Balcerek