Coda File System

Re: make Volume Storage group

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:46:02 -0400
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 07:26:06PM +0700, hidayat wrote:
> I,m Newbie in Coda, I has get work running Coda with 2
> machine in Linux Redhat 7.1 (client) & FreeBSD 4.3 as
> server, I have plan to add one machine as secondary
> server, at Coda it has known as replica server. But I have
> trouble to make volume for this situation , make VSG. Is
> there anybody can help me tell how to make VSG ?

I'm not sure what the problem is.

 - give the new server an unique server-id in /vice/db/servers
 - add a volume storage group (VSG) entry to /vice/db/VSGDB
   something like, E0000101 oldserver newserver

 - restart all servers so that they see the new server-id and VSGDB data.

 - create your replicated volume
   root_at_scm# createvol_rep replicated_vol E0000101

 - mount the replicated volume
    admin_at_client$ cfs mkm /coda/[my-realm]/repvol replicated_vol