Coda File System

Re: Restoring vol from dump

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:48:48 -0400
On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:37:59PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm having trouble remounting a restored volume: here's (from memory)
> the procedure I've followed:
>
> # volutil clone 1000007
> VolClone: New Volume id = 100000e
> # volutil dump 100000e /usr/local/tmp/coda
> [lots of .'s]
> # volutil restore -f /usr/local/tmp/coda /vice coda:backup 1000010
					 ? ^^^^^

Shouldn't that be '/vicepa'?

Does the output of 'volutil getvolumelist' contain the name coda:backup?

Why are you specifying a volume id? if you don't it will assign an
unused one and I'm not certain whether the server checks whether the
given volumeid collides with that of an existing volume.