Coda File System

Re: [richard@jonze.com: codasrv dies at startup]

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:59:59 -0400
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:30:56PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> > 13:21:30 Volume to be deleted didn't have a small VnodeIndex.

This is an 'informational error', it skips deleting small vnodes (file
metadata) for this volume, because the index is not there.

> SrvErr:
>
> > RVMLIB_ASSERT: Error in rvmlib_free
> >
> > Assertion failed: 0, file "rvmlib.c", line 239
> > EXITING! Bye!

I don't know which 'free' it crashes on and why rvmlib_free crashes.
RVM is pretty annoying in that way, it has the worst type of error
reporting. It simply says 'something went wrong'.

Maybe we can see where it goes wrong when you start the server with a
higher debug level (startserver -d 100)

How did you get into this state in the first place?