Coda File System

Re: Venus cache size

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:19:37 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Markus,

> now i have shutdown on my both servers the venus and have made the new
> venus-setup. the scm can start venus, but the non scm not. he brings often
> the failure, that he cannot find the rootvolume?

let me repeat your statement in my own words, to reduce the risk of
misunderstanding.

You are running two Coda servers.
You are also running two Coda clients, on the same hosts.
You reinitialized Coda clients on both machines but did not touch the
server setups, nor the server-related processes.
One of your clients is working.
The other of your clients is failing at start - often but not always -
complaining about not finding the rootvolume.

Right?

> scm -> 		192.168.0.161	(venus-setup 192.168.0.161 1000000)
> non-scm ->	192.168.0.160	(venus-setup 192.168.0.161 1000000)
>
> whats happend here?
>
> the files under /vice/db are the same on both machines.

Here you refer to files belonging to server(s), /vice/db has nothing to do
with client part (with other words Venus). Hope it is exactly what you
mean.

Which version of Coda do you run?
Did you setup work before you reinitialized venus?
Which server (or both?) contains your root volume?
Do you have DNS or /etc/hosts setup for proper name resolution?

You have got more questions than you asked yourself, and no answers :-)
but is it the only way I (possibly) can help.

Regards,
--
Ivan