Coda File System

Re: Building Coda 6 on FreeBSD (was: Re: "Unknown error: 198" during re-integration)

From: Tim Robbins <tjr_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:11:23 +1000

> [1] It would seem that:
>
> /* FreeBSD 5.0 */
> #if __FreeBSD__ >= 5
> #define __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__
>
> needs to test for some 4.x verions aswell because __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__ needs
> to be defined in 4.8 STABLE (as of yesterday) aswell.

Indeed. These are the patches that are used to build Coda 5.3.20 on
FreeBSD 4 and 5:
	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/coda5_server/files/

"patch-ag" makes this change:
	+#if __FreeBSD__ >= 3
	+#define	__BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__
	+#endif

When I submitted the patches to the Coda developers to get it to build
"out of the box" on FreeBSD, I was mainly concerned with getting it working
for the (then upcoming) 5.1 release, and didn't realize that earlier releases
defined the fixed-width integer types too (all of those header files got
reorganized etc.).

Tim