Coda File System

Re: Coda 6.0 on FreeBSD

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:11:40 -0400
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:51:33PM +0200, Alessandro Bassi wrote:
> Just a quick question: is there a version of CODA 6.0 for FreeBSD (or
> plans to do so in the very near future)?
> If that's not the case, which is the most current version I can get and
> where I can find it? I'm asking htis second question because under
> www.cods.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/freebsd: the ile size is around 1-2 K,
> which makes me a bit suspicious ...

It's been part of the ports collection FreeBSD for a while now. In most
cases you should be able to go to /usr/ports/net/coda5_{client,server}
and run make install or something. For the most part they build from the
same source tarball as everything else (maybe some last minute patches
are added to ports).

You can also grab the CVS version or the latest source tarball and build
from that.