Coda File System

Re: Proper document to add server to coda cell with replication

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:46:11 -0400
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:38:33PM +0530, Mahesh wrote:
> Hello all,
> I need Proper document to add server to coda cell with replication,
> please can anybody help me.

This comes pretty close,

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/x1243.html#AEN1659

A couple of notes, it isn't very clear from the description that you
have to install the binaries and run vice-setup on the new server.

You also have to restart the codaserver on the SCM (and any other
already running servers in your cell) after step 2 so that existing
servers actually know about the server-id of the new server. The servers
do not automatically re-read /vice/db/servers when it is modified.

It looks like the text in the Coda-HOWTO is identical to that of the
Coda User and System Administrators manual.

There is also a FAQ entry which I wrote as I was adding a replica to
an existing SCM. The ordering is slightly different but those are the
same steps as those in the manual. Just keep your eye open for error
messages during vice-setup and unusual messages in the SrvLog/SrvErr
files when restarting servers. There typically is some indication that
something went wrong.

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/misc/non-scm-setup.html