Coda File System

Re: Users and authentication

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:14:58 -0400
I'm still trying to catch up with all the threads.

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:43:52PM +0100, Ian Smith wrote:
> >>My attempt to use clog also failed:
> >>
> >>26 $ clog -host kryten.localdomain knoppix
> >>username: knoppix_at_testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu
> >>Password:
> >>Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

Yeah, -host is a temporary casualty of the realms changes in 6.0.
I hope the right fix is in CVS.

> >Try just
> >	clog (if you're logged on as knoppix)
>
> 67 $ clog
> username: knoppix_at_testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu
> Password:
>
> wrong server

Ahh, /etc/coda/venus.conf is has an entry that sets your default realm
to testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu. It probably shouldn't have that as the
default anymore. The only place we use the value is by clog/cpasswd/au.
venus itself really does not care what the 'default realm' is.

> >or check the list archive for the new 6.0.x
> >(See, I don't use 6.0.x yet) scheme which
> >looks like (but not exactly)
> >
> >	clog knoppix_at_kryten.localdomain
>
> That fails too:
>
> 63 $ clog knoppix_at_kryten.localdomain
> username: knoppix_at_kryten.localdomain
> Password:
> Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

Hmm, that should work. Did you try to use the default password
('changeme'). Our Coda passwords are not the same as the unix login
passwords.