Coda File System

Re: Coda 6 & FreeBSD

From: Tim Robbins <tjr_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:20:22 +1000
On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 03:39:47PM +1000, Tim Robbins wrote:

> Does Coda 6 work on FreeBSD -current? I'm seeing some very strange things
> happening:
[...]

Sorry guys, this turned out to be a merge error on my part that I found after
reviewing the differences between my modified kernel and an old one with the
(out of date) realms patch applied.

Anyway, now that I've got it working, I'll commit a slightly modified version
of the realms patch to FreeBSD, then go about getting the Coda 6 server and
client added to the ports collection. The "slight modifications" I've made
to the patch are to catch up with some kernel API changes, and a
CODA_COMPAT_5 option to allow venus from Coda 5.x to be used (most of the
work involved in CODA_COMPAT_5 was done by drochner_at_NetBSD).

Tim