Coda File System

Re: FPE in venus

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:49:07 -0400
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:23:50AM +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> Yesterday we had a venus crash with a FPE,
> which is so unusual that I'll post
> excerpts from the logs, which have been
> collected by my fellow Coda admin Frank.
> Hope it helps in becoming even more stable.

Nice catch.

We just fetched the first 53 bytes of a 52 byte file and the percentage
fetched calculation hits a divide-by-zero error. It is quite unusual,
the file probably was changed on the server between fetching the
attributes and the current data fetch and the invalidation callback
hasn't reached the client yet.

I guess I can fix this by introducing an if (offset >= length) case. Not
pretty, but it will work.