Coda File System

Re: codasrv password trouble

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:23:55 -0400
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:00:51PM +0200, Lionix wrote:
> I'm testing new coda stable packages 6.0.1 on a debian woody.
> After some hours of "head-claching" will write some words here...

Hmm, I thought I had uploaded 6.0.2 for Debian stable as well. Most of
our servers are running that.

> My kernel is 2.4.20, not patched as the set up is for the scm, the set up is
> made from scratch and the installation goes fine, startup all services..
> I noticed that udp port 2433 is not open.
> I firstly thougt that it was due to the new releases, but i didn't see
> anything like that in anouncement and changes... went to next steps...

Correct, 2433 used to be for the SFTP bulk data transfers, but because
of the masquerading firewall changes clients actually are able to use
the normal rpc2 port-pair for the bulk data transfers. Masquerade was
introduced a long time ago, and has even been the default since 5.3.19
or 20.

> volume....First step : set up a quota :o) , create a couple of
> directory and files...the coda-fs seems working fine and nothing is
> wrong in my log.

Ok, so the SFTP data transfers must have worked as they used to, even
without the codasrv-se port.

> Create a some users in pdb.
> But when i tried to change my password or others :
> - au failed with a :
> Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm 'scm1'
> RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_FAIL (F)
>
> - cpasswd get the same problem...
> I now bet that's due to codasrv-se port...

Ehh, no that is typically because the auth2 daemon isn't running.
(port 370/udp [codaauth2])

> Re installed everything and the symptoms were the same :
> - codasrv-se udp port not open
> - no way for changing user password

    /etc/init.d/auth2.init start?