Coda File System

automated setup vs. vice-setup

From: <josef.schwarz_at_bt.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:47:31 +0100
Hi,

I appreciate that the vice-setup script makes installation easier.
What I would like to do, however, is to automate the setup for a couple of clients/servers, and using Expect together with vice-setup seems to be not the most straightforward way (prone to errors, when something in vice-setup is changed etc.).
Has someone already experienced a similar problem, and how has it been solved?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

ps:
I have tried out intermezzo, lustre and now finally coda, and none of them is really easy to set up. I don't mind about kernel compilations but the documentation and help texts are unfortunately in some cases very poor - maybe because there are not too many users sometimes.
Coda should be better off regarding documentation since it has already been developed for over 10 years, so I'll see :)

--
Josef Schwarz