Coda File System

Re: coda inconsistent object

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:17:14 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 08:16:20PM -0500, Eric Estabrooks wrote:
> I have file a that is apparently in some kind of distress
>
> Local inconsistent object at ???/volume1/data/item.txt please check! (
> 19:08:20 )
>
> How do I fix this?  Originally I just scraped the coda stuff and started
> over when I got something similar (or thought I had) but this file seems
> to be from a volume I've gotten rid of.

That is a reintegration conflict. The client had (disconnected) changes
for that file and when it tried to send them to the server there was
some problem. I guess removing the volume on the server qualifies as a
'problem'. If you can still access the volume in the client cache you
could use

    cfs purgeml /path/to/removed/volume/

to make sure that all local modifications are discarded from the venus
cache.

If the volume is not accessible or visible, you might have to
reinitialize the cache on the client, restarting it as 'venus -init' or
creating an empty file named INIT in the venus cache directory and then
restarting. (touch /usr/coda/venus.cache/INIT)